Our branches meet every second Wednesday at the
DVA, 10 Constitution Road. If you want to come along Contact us
Every meeting we try to have one main political discussion as well as covering other news, Party activity and business as well as other smaller discussions on other political issues including local topics.
- Wednesday 15 June 2011
- Wednesday 29 June 2011
- Wednesday 13 July 2011
- Wednesday 27 July 2011
Here is a sample of some of our previous main political discussions to see the range of main topical discussions. Some are big current news items, some are about items which were important over the last 6months. Some are on a particular policy or historical event or events and others are particular interests of an individual member.
For some main discussions we have one person talking for 15-20 minutes followed by discussion and questions/answers. For others we are interactive and someone will facilitate a discussion which maximises participation from all attending the discussion. Some of these are as simple as having random people reading out quotes at particular points during the talk, pass the parcel with Mars bars to represent the movement of money during the credit crunch. We like to vary the method depending on what the speaker/facilitator feels most comfortable with and which would be the most effective way to discuss a particular topic as well as to experiment with different methods to see what works for us and what doesn’t.
- Wednesday 6 January 2009 – Dundee Radicalism
- Saturday 16 May 2009, 12noon-3 Raphae de Santos speaking on the economic crisis.
- Wednesday 13 May 2009, guest speaker Gerry from the SSP Cuba Delegation
- Wednesday 15 April 2009: guest speaker Ken Ferguson, editor of the Scottish Socialist Voice
- 18 March 2009: Sectarianism.
- 18 February 2009: Guadeloupe, Martinique and the United Left in France.
- 4 February 2009: Boycotts
- 21 January 2009: Palestine, main speaker John McAllion
- 9 October 2008: Guest speaker Jim Milne from Dundee Anti Poverty Forum
- 16 July 2008: The power of supermarkets
- 2 July 2008: Independence
- 18 June 2008: Credit Crunch
- 21 May 2008: Creationism and Intelligent Design
- 12 March 2008: International Women’s Day
- 13 February 2008: Round table. Al members invited to discuss any political issue for 5minutes.
- 24th October 2007: LGBT issues
- 26th September 2007: Spanish Civil War.
- 29th August 2007: American Revolution.
- 23rd May 2007: How under 25s are affected by Homelessness.